One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Obama's $19 billion boon to health care it: mammoth investment fasttracks electronic health records.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 53 (Accessed June 3, 2010): A24-A27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2009.03.004
- The value from investments in health information technology at the US Department of Veterans Affairs.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 629-638
- Hospital computing and the costs and quality of care: a national study.Am J Med. 2010; 123: 40-46https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2009.09.004
- Rethinking medical professionalism: the role of information technology and practice innovations.Milbank Q. 2008; 86: 327-358
- Interview: guiding the health information technology agenda.Health Aff (Millwood). 2009; 29: 586-594
- Electronic health records in ambulatory care—a national survey of physicians.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359 (Accessed June 3, 2010): 50-60
- Electronic medical record/electronic health record use by office-based physicians: United States, 2008 and preliminary 2009. NCHS Health E-Stat. National Center for Health Statistics, December 2009.Accessed June 3, 2010)
- 2006 International Health Policy Survey of primary care physicians in seven countries. Commonwealth Fund 2006 International Symposium on Health Care Policy, Washington, DC, November 1-3, 2006.Accessed June 3, 2010)
- Electronic health record in The Netherlands: afraid of the unknown.Amsterdam Law Forum. 2009; 1 (Accessed June 3, 2010): 41-46
- NHS suspends electronic record project.Financial Times. April 16, 2010; (Accessed June 3, 2010)
- What are the benefits and risks of fitting patients with RFID devices? John Halamka's viewpoint: RFID devices enable patients to be stewards of their own health data. Medscape Today.Accessed June 6, 2010)
- Why pay for health insurance when you can steal it?.National Public Radio. March 3, 2010; (Accessed June 3, 2010)
Section editor: Truman J. Milling, Jr, MD
Funding and support: By Annals policy, all authors are required to disclose any and all commercial, financial, and other relationships in any way related to the subject of this article that might create any potential conflict of interest. The authors have stated that no such relationships exist. See the Manuscript Submission Agreement in this issue for examples of specific conflicts covered by this statement.