- Notes from the field: calls to poison centers for exposures to electronic cigarettes—United States, September 2010–February 2014.Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 292-293
American Association of Poison Control Centers. Electronic cigarettes and liquid nicotine data as of July 31, 2015. Available at: https://aapcc.s3.amazonaws.com/files/library/E-cig__Nicotine_Web_Data_through_7.2015_YvGFmyU.pdf. Accessed September 20, 2015.
- Molecular and cellular mechanisms of action of nicotine in the CNS.in: Henningfield J.E. London E.D. Pogun S. Nicotine Psychopharmacology, Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology, Volume 192. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany2009: 173-207
- Nicotine.in: Hoffman R.S. Howland M.A. Lewin N. Goldfrank’s Toxicologic Emergencies. 10th ed. McGraw-Hill Education, New York, NY2015: 1138-1143
- Nicotine.in: Baselt R.C. Disposition of Toxic Drugs and Chemicals in Man. 9th ed. Biomedical Publications, Seal Beach, CA2011: 1193-1196
- A randomized, crossover study on an electronic vapour product, a nicotine inhalator and a conventional cigarette. Part A: pharmacokinetics.Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016; 74: 187-192
- Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new-generation devices.Nat Sci Rep. 2014; 4133: 1-7
- Nicotine content of liquid for electronic cigarettes.Clin Tox. 2013; 51: 684
- How much nicotine kills a human? tracing back the generally accepted lethal dose to dubious self-experiments in the nineteenth century.Arch Toxicol. 2014; 88: 5-7
- Nicotine poisoning in an infant.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 2249-2250
- Role of liquid chromatography–high-resolution mass spectrometry (LC-HR/MS) in clinical toxicology.Clin Tox. 2012; 50: 733-742
- The adsorption of nicotine from aqueous solutions on different zeolite structures.Water Res. 2010; 44: 2047-2057
Food and Drug Administration. Vaporizers, e-cigarettes, and other electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS). Available at: http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/ProductsIngredientsComponents/ucm456610.htm. Accessed August 24, 2016.
Supervising editor: Lewis S. Nelson, MD
Funding and support: By Annals policy, all authors are required to disclose any and all commercial, financial, and other relationships in any way related to the subject of this article as per ICMJE conflict of interest guidelines (see www.icmje.org). The authors have stated that no such relationships exist.