- X26E series electronic control device specification.2007 (April. Available at: http://www.taser.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Controlled%20Documents/Spec%20Sheets/Law%20Enforcement/RD-SPEC-X26E-001-H.pdf. Accessed April 15, 2007)
- The relative risk of police use-of-force options: evaluating the potential for deployment of electronic weaponry.J Clin Forensic Med. 2006; 13: 229-241
- Perforating ocular injury by Taser.Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2006; 34: 378-380
- Foreign body lodged in distal phalanx of left index finger-Taser dart.Emerg Radiol. 2005; 11: 364-365
- Taser penetrating ocular injury.Am J Ophthalmol. 2005; 139: 713-715
Amnesty International. November 2004. Excessive and lethal force? Amnesty International’s concerns about deaths and ill-treatment involving police use of Tasers. April 2007. Available at: http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engamr511392004. Accessed April 14, 2007.
- Respiratory effect of prolonged electrical weapon application on human volunteers.Acad Emerg Med. 2007; 14: 197-201
- Cardiovascular and physiologic effects of conducted electrical weapon discharge in resting adults.Acad Emerg Med. 2006; 13: 589-595
- Bilateral simultaneous fracture of the femoral neck following electrical shock.Injury. 1984; 16: 13-14
- Bilateral simultaneous fractures of the femoral neck: case report.J Trauma. 1990; 30: 1415-1416
- Scapular fracture after electric shock.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2006; 88: 3-4
- Bilateral scapular fractures secondary to electrical shock.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 1992; 111: 287-288
- Bilateral scapular fractures after electrocution.J R Soc Med. 2000; 93: 143-144
- Lumbar burst fracture due to low voltage shock.Acta Orthop Scand. 1995; 66: 374-375
Taser International. April 12, 2006. Volunteer warnings, risks, liability, release, and covenant not to sue. April 2007. Available at: http://www2.taser.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Controlled%20Documents/Warnings/LG-FORM-VOLUNTER-001%20REV%20A%20Volunteer%20Exposure%20Release%20Form.pdf. Accessed April 15, 2007.
Supervising editor: Judd E. Hollander, MD
Funding and support: By Annals policy, all authors are required to disclose any and all commercial, financial, and other relationships in any way related to the subject of this article, that might create any potential conflict of interest. The authors have stated that no such relationships exist. See the Manuscript Submission Agreement in this issue for examples of specific conflicts covered by this statement.
Publication dates: Available online September 10, 2007.
Reprints not available from the authors.