- Prevalence and correlates of emotional, physical, sexual, and financial abuse and potential neglect in the United States: the National Elder Mistreatment Study.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 292-297
- ED use by older victims of family violence.Ann Emerg Med. 1997; 30: 448-454
- Association between elder abuse and use of ED: findings from the Chicago Health and Aging Project.Am J Emerg Med. 2013; 31: 693-698
Stevens TB, Richmond NL, Pereira GF, et al. Prevalence of non-medical problems among older adults presenting to the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med. In press.
- The prevalence of elder abuse: a random sample survey.Gerontologist. 1988; 28: 51-57
- Implementing syndromic surveillance: a practical guide informed by the early experience.J Am Med Informat Assoc. 2004; 11: 141-150
- Progress in elder abuse screening and assessment instruments.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 297-304
Funding and support: By Annals policy, all authors are required to disclose any and all commercial, financial, and other relationships in any way related to the subject of this article as per ICMJE conflict of interest guidelines (see www.icmje.org). The authors have stated that no such relationships exist and provided the following details: This report was supported by the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number K23AG038548. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.