- QUADAS-2: a revised tool for the quality assessment of diagnostic accuracy studies.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 155: 529-536
- Pregnancy, the postpartum period and prothrombotic defects: risk of venous thrombosis in the MEGA study.J Thromb Haemost. 2008; 6: 632-637
- Changes in pregnancy mortality ascertainment: United States, 1999-2005.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 104-110
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of pregnant patients investigated for suspected pulmonary embolism in the emergency department.Acad Emerg Med. 2014; 21: 949-959
- Pulmonary embolism in pregnant patients: assessing organ dose to pregnant phantom and its fetus during lung imaging.Med Phys. 2017; 44: 6038-6046
Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response. Potential health effects (other than cancer) of prenatal radiation exposure. Available at: https://emergency.cdc.gov/radiation/prenatalphysician.asp. Accessed March 26, 2018.
- Perfusion scintigraphy versus 256-slice CT angiography in pregnant patients suspected of pulmonary embolism: comparison of radiation risks.J Nucl Med. 2014; 55: 1273-1280
- Pulmonary embolism during pregnancy: diagnosis with lung scintigraphy or CT angiography?.Radiology. 2011; 258: 590
- Appropriate use criteria for ventilation-perfusion imaging in pulmonary embolism: summary and excerpts.J Nucl Med. 2017; 58: 590-598
- Variation in the utilization and positivity rates of CT pulmonary angiography among emergency physicians at a tertiary academic emergency department.Emerg Radiol. 2015; 22: 221-229
Editor’s Note: This is a clinical synopsis, a regular feature of the Annals' Systematic Review Snapshot (SRS) series. The source for this systematic review snapshot is: van Mens TE, Scheres LJJ, de Jong PG, et al. Imaging for the exclusion of pulmonary embolism in pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017;1:CD011053.
Jestin N. Carlson, MD, MS, and Alan Jones, MD, serve as editors of the SRS series.